Coronavirus crisis : Who would take care of you but you?
Updated: May 12, 2020
Since Covid outbreak has started last year, the virus is now spreading worldwide from Asia; China, Japan, Korea to Europe and powerful country such United State including Thailand
As the number of COVID-19 cases in Thailand is now increasing quickly, COVID-19 is sure to have an enormous economic impact. Not to mention about the shortage of medical staff and equipment. As there is currently no vaccine or specific medication to treat COVID-19, healthcare workers are risking their lives on a daily basis.
What can we do to reduce the number and fight this outbreak together?
First of all, take good care of yourself. It is necessary to wear masks everytime you go out. Try testing your sense of smell and taste as one of the Covid-19 symptoms is losing your sense of smell and taste, according to doctors.
Secondly, do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth if your hands aren’t clean. Also avoid touching “high-touch” surfaces in public places like elevator buttons.
Thirdly, wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Don’t forget to clean yourself and belongings immediately when you arrive home.
Lastly, it is a must to practice social distancing and quarantine. This is not only to protect yourself from the virus but help slowing down the spread of COVID-19. However staying home for such a long time could make you feel bored or even worse, depressed.
Here’s the list of interesting activities you could enjoy at home.
1. Read more : now is the best time to pick your favorite book you have always wanted to read but never had time.
2. Cook for yourself : if you don’t know how, try google the recipe, learn from Youtube and create new recipes.
3. Make desserts or baking : sweet treats are considered as medicine for stress. You can learn how to make Thai dessert as well as it requires less ingredients. You might become a chef after this crisis, who knows!
4. Binge watch series : go watch them all.
5. Play board games online, millionaire games or go back to the classic one like jigsaw puzzles.
6. Go gardening : water your plant or decorate your garden.
7. Workout at home : bodyweight like squats, shoulder taps or push ups (You can use water bottles instead of dumbbells.)
8. Meditate : relax your mind and focus on the positive side of things.